What's the job?
Affinity Gymnastics aspires for everyone to experience the joy and fun in movement, the value of the adventure and to discover you can exceed your own expectations. We achieve this through the provision of gymnastics and related activities.
Are you inspired to be part of a growing business within the sport industry where fun is a key focus alongside professionalism? We are looking for a shiny new Dynamic Department Leader for General Gymnastics. You will be looking after our biggest department, welcoming approximately 500 gymnasts per week with a team of 11 coaches, a mixture of full and part time.
As Department Leader, you will be expected to:
- Coach classes and lead by example – mainly General Gymnastics (ages 4-13yrs+), Pre-school, and development level competitive gymnastics. Plus be willing to coach in other disciplines as needed.
- Be responsible for all lesson planning and delivery of sessions in your department.
- Be organised with all admin and process related to your department – such as badge testing, feedback requests and to plan and deliver end of term displays where gymnasts perform and parents are impressed to watch.
- Communicate excellently with parents – both at class, through social media fun, written newsletters and emails and on the phone.
- Ensure coaches are delivering fun and engaging sessions that are of high quality and aid their on-going learning. Run training and mentoring sessions for your department.
- Have an eye on your membership stats and feed into marketing as needed.
- Assist with club wide administration and onsite tasks as needed – such as writing postcards, membership admin, facility maintenance/cleaning etc.
- Participate in team meetings, team activities and team workshops.
- Feed into wider club projects and development – we want YOUR input!